What is HypnoBirthing:
HypnoBirthing® - The Mongan Method - is a unique method of relaxed, natural childbirth education, enhanced by self-hypnosis techniques. HypnoBirthing® provides the missing link that allows women to use their natural instincts to bring about a safer, easier, more comfortable birthing. Emphasis is placed on pregnancy and childbirth, as well as on pre-birth parenting and the consciousness of the pre-born baby. As a birthing method, HypnoBirthing® is as new as tomorrow and as old as ancient times.
HypnoBirthing® works when women learn:
· Relaxation techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labor and pain
· Once fear is eliminated replace it immediately with confidence that she can have a birth that is amazing, calm, serene and joyful
· To replace the myth that severe pain must accompany normal birthing, with the idea that birth should and can be a calm and peaceful process
· How the mother's body is designed to work in neuro-muscular harmony with nature throughout labor
· How to use deep relaxation during and between uterine surges to minimize pain and discomfort
· Powerful visualizations and techniques to bring about an easier birth
· The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding.
HypnoBirthing® Mothers are making choices -- creating change!
In 2007 15.5% of US HypnoBirthing® mothers birthed via C-Section, compared to the national average of 32%
12% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in the comfort of their homes. The national average is less than 1%.
6% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in freestanding birth centers. The national average is less than 1%.
Over 70% of HypnoBirthing® mothers birthing vaginally had unmedicated births.